COACH - Mountain Bike & Ski
Tom’s passion for cycling began at the tender age of 8. He started off as a roadie (think skinny tires, not 80’s hair bands), in which he went “there and back” - to countless destinations - more than a few times. With 25 years experience in cycling, he’s an international competitor, a mechanic, and overall guru of anything mountain bike related.
Tom is a certified USA Cycling Coach and Whistler IDP Level II Mountain Bike Instructor. He enjoys sharing his passion for mountain biking and believes that it offers a healthy, creative, and fun way to experience the outdoors. In the winter, you will find him on the ski hill - Tom offers over a decade of ski instruction experience and possesses a Level III Certification from PSIA.
- IDP Level II (Whistler Mountain Bike Park Instructor Development Program)
- Aerie Backcountry Medicine: Wilderness First Aid
- American Red Cross: Lifeguard/First Aid/CPR/AED
- PSIA, AASI & ISIA (certified Level III Alpine, I Snowboard)
- PSIA Freestyle Accreditation, Alpine Level III, Adaptive
- United Bicycle Institute, Ashland, OR
- Professional Repair & Shop Operations Certificate
- Specialized Bicycle Component University, Advanced Course
- USA Cycling 1992-present, Officials Course
- Peterson Boot Performance Coarse, Whitefish, MT
- Commercial Drivers License; Class A